UPDATE: The DCET 2018 exams will be conducted in the first week of July 2018.
The April/May 2018 diploma results are finally got released, now what most of the final semester students are thinking about is, how to apply for DCET and how to get good marks in it! To clear all those questions about DCET, here we are trying to explain every bit of Diploma CET examination.
How to apply for Karnataka DCET 2018?
Applying for Diploma CET is very easy, there is nothing to get confuse about!
- First, go to kea.kar.nic.in website then click on DCET 2018.
- Once you clicked that, you will get a new page, where you can register yourself using email id.
- After registering, you get username and password on your email inbox.
- Use that username and password to login to DCET portal.
- Once logged in, upload your small passport size photo.
- Then, print the challan from Online and pay the application fees.
- Then, print your completed application on A4 sheet.
That’s it, if you followed these simple steps, you are successfully applied to Diploma CET exam.
Then keep checking this page, we will update the exam schedule, to which you have to must attend in-order to get B.E entrance through govt. seat.
What are the minimum requirements to attend DCET 2018 exam?
The Candidate should score minimum 45% aggregate from fifth and sixth semester Diploma.
What is the DCET syllabus and exam pattern?
The exam pattern has changed a lot from last year. Previous, it was 40 marks each for Science and Maths, and 100 marks technical. (Total 180 marks)
- All the 180 questions are going to be MCQ’s.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
So, you barely get 1 minute per question. So, you should be quick and think fast to attend all questions.
But, this year it DTE board changed the exam pattern according to the following table!
- Part A: Applied Maths – 20 Marks
- Part B: Applied Science – 10 Marks
- Part C : Technical – 150 Marks
It seems, DTE has given huge importance to technical syllabus. I think, it is actually a plus point for students, because, answering technical questions is much easier than answering Mathematics.
How to get good ranking?
If you wanna get good ranking in exam, you must read the two books mentioned below. You don’t actually find them anywhere else on the market except Online. So, we have researched a little bit and given the link below to The best DCET book. They don’t cost much. They are priced at just ₹290.
How does the CET ranking works?
The DTE consider both final year aggregate and DCET marks, 50% each. So, to get higher ranking in exam, you must have to get good results on both Diploma exam and Entrance test.